With the increasing demand for cosmetic containers, acrylic bottles turned out to be more and more popular because of their advantages of not easily reacting with cosmetics. This led to the development of the industry. Acrylic bottle manufacturers have sprung up, bringing convenience to people's lives.
Acrylic, also known as PMMA or plexiglass, has relatively good transparency, chemical stability, and weather resistance, and easy to dye. This material is widely used in the packaging of high-end creams, lotions, and other cosmetics, and they are very popular in the market. Plexiglass products can generally be divided into cast plates, extruded plates, and molding compounds.
1. It has crystal-like transparency, and the light transmittance exceeds 92%. Acrylic colored with dyes also has a very good transparency effect.
2. Acrylic has a relatively low surface hardness and surface gloss, and relatively good high-temperature performance.
3. Acrylic bottles can not only be thermoformed but also mechanically processed.
4. The transparent acrylic bottle has a light transmittance comparable to that of glass, but the density is only half that of glass. In addition, it is never as fragile as glass. Even if it is broken, it will never form sharp fragments like glass.
5. The abrasion resistance of the acrylic bottle is close to that of aluminum, and it has good stability and resistance to various chemicals.
6. Acrylic bottle has good printability and sprayability, which can give perfect surface decoration effect to acrylic products.
Acrylic bottles not only have the characteristics of plastic: drop resistance, lightweight, difficult to color, low cost, etc., but also have the characteristics of elegant appearance and high-quality texture of glass bottles. In other words, it allows cosmetic packaging bottle manufacturers to use the cost of plastic bottles to obtain the appearance of glass bottles, which greatly reduces the cost of manufacturers.
Although acrylic bottles have achieved great success in the cosmetic container market, they have not been widely used in other packaging fields such as food and medicine. This is also an area worth exploring for acrylic bottle manufacturers.